Monday, 9 January 2017

Meal Planning Monday: 9th-13th Jan 2017

Sometimes the best dinners are the simple ones
I am pleased to report that last week's meal plan was very successful! I made sure I cooked everything we set out to, and I loved everything we made. It feels like a great start to this new habit I am trying to get in to. I have two favourite meals of last week (couldn't choose one) and they are jacket potato with beans, mixed salad (Nick made it delicious with diced avocado and fresh lemon juice) and some nutritional yeast for B12. I think it was so good because Nick baked the potatoes for almost 2 hours... yuuuum.


Joint favourite was the oven-roasted ratatouille I made from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's 'Veg Everyday'. I added some cooked brown pasta to make it a more filling evening meal. The veg was roasted with some olive oil and seasoning for about an hour whilst the tomato sauce simmered away on the cooker. It was just so gorgeous,filling and flavoursome. It's definitely been added to the regulars list.

This week then I'd like to continue our winning streak and have planned five meals I think will fill us up with goodness as well as satisfy our taste buds. I took delivery of not one, but 10 kilos of dates this week (yes TEN, do not adjust your sets) so I have added a few sweet recipes to this too as I have still been hoovering up leftover Christmas goodies and I would like a healthier alternative now. I think overall last week I did reduce my sugar intake though, and I feel much better for having less processed food.

If you'd like to see what my meals end up looking like, I am on Instagram @crapdieter 

In no particular order...

  •  Broccoli salad with Asian dressing and winter stir fry, both from Veg Everyday by Hugh F.W. (pages 316 and 288)
  •  Curry laksa, p186 of Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra
  •  Pasta with greens, garlic and chilli, another from Veg Everyday p261
  •  Jacket potatoes with beans and salad
  •  Veggie sausages, mash, peas and gravy





Oven roasted ratatouille with brown pasta from Veg Everyday - pic does not do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment