Monday, 2 January 2017

Meal Planning Monday - 2nd-6th Jan 2017

Cranberry, coconut and almond granola

Ok ok ok, it's the 2nd of January and I love a new year resolution (or three). Mine are:
  • Take part in 20 Parkruns
  • Reduce my refined sugar intake
  • Lose 2 stone
I also have a few others which sort of relate to health in that they will be good for my well-being. One is to build up my cloth pad stash so I can have a disposable-free period. I switched to cloth pads in November and was so impressed by how well they work. They're better for the environment and I like the idea of using less chemicals / artificial stuff too. It takes me a whole weekend to make about 8 though, so I need to dedicate another weekend to making a few more soon. 

I'd also like to radically de-clutter our house. I have made a start already, but I love the principles of minimalism (less stuff more freedom). I am going to make a conscious effort to throw and give away lots of the things I no longer use. A friend of mine is also going to de-clutter her house too, so we are encouraging each other to do a little each week. 

Aaanyway to help me along I am jumping back on the meal planning train! I hope to cook more from scratch and cut down on processed foods, so I can keep an eye on the refined sugar I am consuming.

Some pretty strong resolutions I think you'll agree - I know they sound a bit 'big' but if I learned anything in 2016 it was to go at my own pace and celebrate the small (and non-scale) victories. 

So here we have this week's meal plan, in no particular order:

  • Roasted squash with shallots and chickpeas (p365 of Veg Everyday by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall)
  • Ratatouille w/ pasta and salad (p362 of Veg Everyday)
  • Classic burger w/ coleslaw and salad (pages 72 and 53 of Hot Damn and Hell Yeah by Ryan Splint)
  • Jacket potato with beans and salad 
  • Fajitas w/ Spanish rice (p49 of Hot Damn and Hell Yeah)
I have also made some apple and cinnamon oat balls and a batch of granola for the week which I LOVE! Granola is my favourite.  Both recipes are from Livia's Kitchen - I imagine her recipes will feature quite often as I search for new ways to eat sweet things!

I post daily on Instagram @crapdieter

Hope you all have a smashing week - happy new year!

Amy x

Apple, cinnamon and oat balls by Livia's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment